Edible leaf plants are low in calories and fat; high in fiber, iron, calcium and a good source of photochemicals. They are also a source of antioxidants. Having a bad diet that does not include vegetables is not only very bad for your health, but also for your beauty, your skin gets worse, your hair falls, your nails break, your teeth turn yellow, even though all these symptoms of bad nutrition are small at first and think that they do not matter because they are only external things, the truth is that a bad diet destroys you inside.
On the other hand, if you care more about your beauty than about your health, we recommend you first improve your habits and then worry about progressively improving your appearance or if you want to accelerate the process you can go with a dentist teeth savers Tijuana, a dermatologist, a nutritionist and gym.
Therefore, it is important that you consider adding leafy greens to your daily diet such as broccoli, chard, celery, kale, spinach, papaya, lettuce, arugula, watercress, kale and chicory.
dark green leafy vegetables have great nutritional properties. They are rich in beta-carotene (promoter of vitamin A), in vitamin C, in calcium, in iron, in folic acid and in magnesium.
Below we will tell you what are the reasons to eat green leafy vegetables every day:
- Help lower cholesterol levels in the body.
- They are a rich source of calcium, which benefits the bone system.
- They have antioxidant functions, prevent cellular deterioration.
- Prevent eye infections, cataracts and conjunctivitis.
- They strengthen the immune system and also favor the repair of infected tissues.
- They stimulate the production of red blood cells.
- Green leafy vegetables are rich in vitamin A, C and K, folic acid and fiber, which benefits the digestion process.
- They help keep sugar levels in the body stable, so they are recommended for people with diabetes.
- They optimize the functioning of the reproductive organs.
- Because of the low calorie content of green leafy vegetables, they favor weight control.